Tuesday, May 24, 2011

It is always better to keep up...but, I am catching you up to our May.

Hunter sang, "Be our guest" and other tunes with the 5th grade singing/performing group. They went on tour to the care centers in the area.
We discovered Kaitlyn aspires to become a tooth fairy when she grows up- to give money to poor people. She is the only one in her class to make it through the 1st grade without losing a tooth. I think the tooth fairy is someone she (day) dreams about.
Beginning in the 1st grade, students in the elementary schools can take violin, keyboarding, or technology for 30 min. a week. Kaitlyn played some "twinkle variations" during an end of year orchestra concert including MANY elementary school children in the area. Thanks to a loaner from some friends, she played on the only pink violin- she made sure we knew that fact.
Hunter and Michael enjoy their sucker reward after great piano recital performances...which began minutes after returning from the Father and Son campout, and showers of course.
We said so long to a great missionary, Elder Mackie- the Cali surfer boy. On the occasion of his last day in the area, he wore this brown polyester western suit with brown and white boots (all purchased from a thrift store).
Mother's Day- I thoroughly enjoyed Breakfast in bed and sleeping in.
Naomi recently said to me, "you are a glorious name...you are mother!"
Hunter (red tie) sang with his elementary choir
as all of the elementary honor choirs joined for one performance.
Hunter's birthday marked 11 years of parenthood.
Hunter's first science project- our first as parents. He titled it "More or Less"-
tested the effects of friction on a rolling steely down 5 different tracks.

3 comments:

Stacey Crandall said...

Looks like so much fun! I love the fact they start the little ones on music so early! So proud! Hunter has been busy! What a great big brother. I love the picture of him hugging Naomi! Miss you guys!

Jill said...

You all are growing up beautifully! So glad to have known you while you were in Bakersfield.

Ann said...

LOVE the Mother's Day photo, Christy! If only I could have such morning hair!