Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Hunter's New Face

It took Hunter a couple of weeks to talk me into taking him to get an eye exam. He told me he wanted to get some contacts. I put him off. Well, I wasn't sure he really needed any, AND we just signed up for vision health insurance (which will start in January). Yes, I am a miser.
When Hunter came home from school two days in a row with small headaches because he was using a friend's glasses, I realized I needed to take his request more seriously. Our optometrist had an opening in two days. We discovered Hunter definitely needed glasses and I felt humbled once again as a mother. We walked into the office at 4:30 PM and left at 5:30 PM a little poorer, but with a pair of glasses on a bright-eyed, smiling boy.

3 comments:

Rina said...

What a handsome young man. He is looking like a tween! Don't feel bad, Emmalee keeps telling me she can't see and needs glasses. I haven't given it a second thought until just now. And even then, I'll probably wait and see.

Ann said...

I'm glad you told me you blogged because my thing still says you last updated 6 months ago! Anyway, I think Hunter looks great in his new glasses, and I, like you, finally just signed up for vision insurance, so come January I hope to be sporting a new face, too, and hopefully I'll look as good as Hunter does. Where did you get the frames?

MaWowEee said...

a bright-eyed, smiling, Handsome boy ;)