

We decided to have our traditional big meal- with Turkey, etc. on Christmas day when Kent's brother Mark and his family came over (Mark's Birthday). So, I decided to try to plan out a Bethlehem dinner- since Christmas Eve is when we try to focus on the Savior's Birth. We sat on the floor, eating with our hands rather than utensils- by candlelight. The meal consisted of olives, dates, bread, fish, cheese, nuts, grapes and grape juice. The children loved it. They listened to me explain what I could about how the Jesus may have lived and asked questions and enjoyed the food. Poor Kent was in bed with a migraine. He came out for our wonderful production of Luke II though. It is a little tricky with just four children, but they were set on doing it and great memories are always created.

Every dramatization of Luke II must have a sweet little angel...Naomi was perfect.


Hunter was busy playing two roles and completely represented the shepards and later the wise men. He tried to look a little fearful as the shepard and royal as a wise man. He enjoyed preparing his cosume and props! He spent a good amount of time on his crown and cutting little gold pieces to place in his wooden gift for baby Jesus.

Michael was Joseph and Kaitlyn was Mary. Don't they look so sweet! They were very patient with the costume designer. We have a lack of robes in our house- a gift Santa should consider for future Christmases.

After the "Nativity" each child opened one gift- new PJs from Grandpa & Grandma Bass.
The children definitely pretended to be ready for bed.
4 comments:
Hunter should join drama--he looks so serious as the wise man. :) It sounds like they all had a good time. We spent our Christmas Eve at Jake's dads house and didn't do the nativity this year. I missed it.!!
Cute pictures!!
Looks like a fun Christmas! Did you eat fish?
We had Salmon...not quite the fish of that area, but it is what we all like and I had some in our freezer. The children actually get excited when we have it :)
What a fun tradition that I am tempted to steal. I do think it's so important to really focus on the true meaning of Christmas and I can't think of a better way than with a Bethlehem dinner and the acting out of Luke II.
You are such a fun mom Christy. Your family is very lucky to have you.
Post a Comment