Wednesday, April 15, 2009

It's about time

So, I guess when friends and family make another comment on the same post...over a month later...it must be time to write something. I joined Face book sometime in February and found I didn't have time to blog and check Face book. Then I nearly banned the computer from my schedule. Now I am working on finding a balance again.

Our children and I visited with family in Utah during Spring Break. Kent had to work, so I braved the drive both ways by myself for the first time. I survived...the children too. I think we stopped 10 times on the way there- definitely a record! We potty-trained Naomi while watching three nieces for over a week. I decided since I would be camping out all day at home (not brave enough to go any where with 7 children :)...potty training would work. Anyhow, the drive to Utah consisted of Naomi telling me she needed to use the bathroom...over and over. Most of the time we stopped for only a tinkle :).

The picture is of all the grandchildren on my side, except my oldest niece. It was taken during our visit.

4 comments:

Jill said...

I've done the drive out to Utah from Bakersfield. It was an adventure. Good for you. Glad to here you made it safe. What a cute group of kids you got there!

Rina said...

We are glad you came. Hope you do it again.

xoxo
catrina

Stacy said...

Why don't you tell me about these visits?
Glad to see you back...to blogging that is. Missed you!

Kristin said...

Great picture. What a cute bunch of cousins!