Hunter has grown up so much and we are so blessed to have him in our family. We love him so much and really depend on his strengths and the many ways he helps us as a family. He is friendly, a great cleaner, he gets up early to his alarm and gets his after-school reading done before it is even assigned (and would love it if I would let him get up even earlier to get his piano practice done before school- some of us want to sleep), he listens to Michael read each night before bed, he delivers Avon books for our neighbour 2-3 times a month, he still gives his mom and dad a hug and sometimes kiss goodnight, he often follows the spirit and shares his testimony of the restored gospel at church, he has a determined soul and knows what is right and really strives to do it. Keep it up Hunter...you are setting a great example.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
9 Years old
Our oldest turned nine this month: Hunter started out in this world as a spring baby full of life. A fun, and determined baby, he was always excited to see new things and experience all he could. While Kent finished his schooling he drove our only car to school. I pushed Hunter in his stroller everywhere- library, store, park, visiting, bank. Our Landlord often commented, "here come the twins" because we were always together. Kent and I rarely went on a date because Hunter wasn't happy if mom was gone. Eventually he learned that having a babysitter was fun (he now looks forward to it).
Look at those chubby cheeks. Hunter is about one in this picture. Isn't he cute! I remember going to visit an old college roommate when he was 2 or 3. She commented, "he's a rambunctious one isn't he." I wondered how she knew that so quickly ;). Hunter is still full of life and has a big heart. He loved making friends at the park at age 2 and still does today. He used to see children across the way and say, "look mom, friends." When he was 3 he excitedly introduced himself ("I'm Hunta") to a little boy playing in the sand. They played together and the little boy's mom and I talked. The next day at church one of the Primary (children's group) leaders said she knew something about us. She started to describe a boy introducing himself to another little boy at the park. It ended up our new park friends were her neighbours. We started a weekly play date after that and still keep in touch.
Hunter recently earned his Wolf in Cub scouting and is now a Bear. Way to go Hunter! He loves scouts. It is such a great way for him to learn new things and do projects- which he has always loved. Having me for a mom doesn't always provide for all the structured projects and learning outlets he loves. Scouting is such a blessing.
Hunter has loved dinosaurs since he was about two I guess and still does. He wanted a T-Rex cake. I baked a family favorite, chocolate bundt cake, and created a dinosaur/fossilized cake out of it. I love this happy picture of him. He is a good sport. He wanted a friend birthday party, but we planned to be in Billings, MT that day to support a friend going to the temple for the first time. He cheerfully settled for Chuck E Cheese. (I had the camera setting wrong- I didn't really make a fuzzy cake :)
The last weekend of April Hunter played two memorized piano pieces in his first recital. His piano teacher said she had never had a student "flip" out like he did when she explained what a recital was and that he would be preparing for it. I admit he gets a bit of drama from my side of the family- I hope it is more in my family than just me anyway. He practiced by playing for visitors and babysitters. On the big day he did great! After the recital his teacher asked he and Michael why they were so serious. They did what they were supposed to, with very serious faces.
7 comments:
happy birthday Hunter! You really are growing up. We miss you! We always love to see you when you make it down our way! Congrats on all your accomplishments! Hope we get to see you soon. Stacey, Tanner, Landon and Meg!
wow christy we are OLD, ok, he's almost double digits. love the scout pic, you are so gonna be a den mother forever. little mister handsome is quite the man. you've done well.
Nice post, Christy. Hunter is a great kid and you are a wonderful mom! Sure glad to be friends with you.
What a handsome son you have. It is so nice to see what you all are up to.
Emmalee misses her cookies and mentions them often. She says I love you! She also says I love you Naomi & Katilyn
You're a wonderful Mom Sister.
Is the Bass family really that dramatic?
Post a Comment