Sunday, June 28, 2009

Five years old

Our fun, friendly, creative, and energetic Kaitlyn recently turned 5.
Blond hair, blue eyes...she is our Monterey baby.

From California to Wyoming- Kaitlyn loves experiencing new adventures and keeps up with her big brothers most of the time. Mostly surrounded by boys (brothers, playgroup, church, neighbors), she enjoys playing Star Wars or Pirates. But, she really loves playing princess, dress-up, and house and has been known to get younger boys to play along. Last year for her birthday she asked for a pink BB Gun that would shoot out makeup. I wonder if there are other girls out there with the same request- could be a money maker I guess.
This is a classic picture of Kaitlyn's dress-up style- Eclectic!

A great baby! I was nervous to have a third child. I prayed about it and received the assurance that everything would be fine. Kaitlyn didn't mind all the attention her big brothers gave her (about 4 and 2 at the time). She just smiled at them as they rocked her, kissed her, poked her, etc. She slept great too, what more could a mom ask for :). And, it was fun to have a girl after two boys. Her middle name is Hope...she was my little hope :)
It is a joy and adventure to have you as a daughter Kaitlyn. Your bright smile and love for life has continually brought joy to our lives. You are a special part of our family and we look forward to watching you continue to learn and grow. We love you!

9 comments:

Jill said...

What a wonderful occasion!

Laurie Von said...

wow that takes me back. kinda sad that we've missed so much. she's a cutie and i love the relationship she has with her bros.

MaWowEee said...

Oh! Cute Katie.. maybe she's like her Aunt Camilla - Eclectic

Camilla said...

Oh Kaitlyn. You are a cutie, and there is nothing wrong with being eclectic.

Janzen said...

Your kids are growing up fast. I hope she had a happy birthday.

Stacey Crandall said...

Christy, For some reason this brought tears to my eyes. I am so glad you have her. She really is such a sweetheart!

Valerie C. said...

Kristy,
That is a cute story about the pink bb gun. Write that down for her somewhere! I just found your blog on Brittney's. Maybe I'll see you at the reunion?

Rina said...

Happy Happy Birthday Kaitlyn.
You are darling.
Christy--you are super talented...I'd say -go for the BB gun. Maybe you'll become one of those millionaire stay at home moms.

weave said...

Happy Birthday Kaitlyn!!!!!!
I miss you so much-I promise to come and visit when we come back to Wyoming! I hope you love being five!
Love Rachael!