

Michael joined our family seven years ago. My due date was my birthday, but he was born a couple of days early. Having him in my arms was the perfect gift. I remember thinking of him as my little angel. He was sweet and mild, a good baby for me at a time when Kent gone overnight often.

Michael started out as a compliant and easygoing little guy and generally still is today. I remember him doing as I asked, if I said no he listened! His Nursery teacher at church just loved him and still asks about him. She saw him get upset and start to throw a fit with me once and she was shocked. I think he is always practically perfect for everyone...saving any drama for his momma.

Here Michael is almost 4. He is helping little Kaitlyn walk across a balance beam. Michael took gymnastics for a little while, but didn't enjoy it much until his buddy Marcus took it with him. He is a loyal friend and friendships mean a lot to him. The song "Eye of the Tiger" was a favorite Michael and Marcus would punch and dance to together...if you are listening to my playlist I have that song first- dedicated to the boys :)
Michael is a good little dancer- when we can get him to dance in front of us. Our old camcorder videos have some good moves on them...wish I could post them.

We celebrated Michael's Birthday this year on a camping trip with friends back in June :) We opened his gifts before leaving, and took a Spiderman pinata with us. The children smacked it open that afternoon with a broken shovel. I know Yoda says there is no "try" only "do" or something like that...but, I
tried to make a Jedi cake for Michael. The Star Wars figures I shoved into the cake were not actual Jedis, but the boys still thought the cake was cool- thankfully!

We love you Michael! We love how your eyes sparkle when your are excited :) Your sweet example is a blessing to our family: your gentle and kind ways with Naomi, the way you let Kaitlyn tag along in neighborhood Star Wars battles, your friendship with your big brother and buddy Hunter, always noticing when someone is missing, making sure we save a treat for papa if he is gone, your sensitivity to spiritual things. Thank you for the love you share with us- your family.
3 comments:
What a beautiful tribute to your son.
Michael is such a sweet heart..takes after his mother....and aunt ;)
Christy, I found your blog on Mudowney's page an I was thrilled to see pictures of familiar faces but especially your gorgeous picture of the rolling hills of Sheridan!! We miss you guys and everyone up there! I hear you've already had some snow and pretty cold weather. Tell Michael hi for me, would you? Thanks. :) What a sweet boy!
Post a Comment